This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Kunvald (Czech Republic)
Ústí nad Orlicí okres, Pardubice region
Last modified: 2004-07-03 by jarig bakker
Keywords: kunvald |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka
Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 23 Jan 2004
adopted 4 Jun 1998
Kunvald municipality flag
Image based on Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ÈR (1998)
- Kunvald, Ústí nad Orlicí district, Pardubice region - adopted 4 Jun 1998.
Kunvald village (450m) in ®amberk Downy, spread along Horský potok
(Mountain creek) north to ®amberk, first reported in 1363. In 1457 Brother
Gregor established there the first residence of the Brotherly Unity (a
sort of reformist church). House No.238 used to be a Czech Brothers Chapel,
nearby smithery already perished. The lime tree by Divi¹ farmstead is one
of the three trees embedded there in 1547 when the brotherly community
had to expatriate for the first time. It is now 47 m high with a 7 m perimeter.
A St. George church in the centre of a churchyard originates from 1606-1616.
Jarig Bakker, 23 Jan 2004
from the Kunvald school.