This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website
Vladislav (Czech Republic)
Trebíc okres, Vysocina region
Last modified: 2004-07-03 by jarig bakker
Keywords: vladislav |
Links: FOTW homepage |
disclaimer and copyright |
write us |
This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka
Latin2, aka Central European fonts
by Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004
adopted 25 Nov 2003; design: Miroslav J. V. Pavlů
Vladislav municipality flag
Image after Petr Exner's Vexilologický Lexikon prapory obcí ČR (2003)
Vladislav, Třebíč district, Vysocina region - adopted 25 Nov 2003.
You can find this village on the south-west part on the South Moravia
in the region Vysocina in the district Trebic. Vladislav is situated in
the valley of the Jihlava river, 8 kilometres from the Trebic city. The
village Vladislav has 2 connected villages Hostakov and Strizov. Vladislav
is situated on both sides of the Jihlava river. Vladislav is with its villages
Hostakov and Strizov 10th biggest village in the district Trebic. Population:
On the site of today's village Vladislav was a settlement Brod, which
was established at the end of the 8sh century at the ford across the river
Jihlava. This settlement belonged to Třebíč's church and was still very
small in the 12th century. Brod's inhabitants lived by fishing and trading
merchants that were walking along the trading path and had to cross the
river here. In the 12th century a Romanesque church was built here. The
settlement Brod was destroyed in 1304 during the attack of Hungarian army.
Today's name of this village - Vladislav is mentioned on the map in
1665 for the first time. There exists a legend about the origin of this
name - people say that Vladislav, the son of the duke Oldřich, was born
in the local pub. A painting depicting this event is displayed on a building
in the center of Vladislav, but is in very poor condition. As a matter
of fact Euro's are needed for the rebirth of prince Vladislav.
The settlement was given the right to run the fairs in 1548 and also
became the seat of the court.
In 1945 Vladislav was freed from fascism by the Soviet army in 1945.
The German army left here a huge amount of destroyed military equipment.
Information from this
Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004
by Jarig Bakker, 27 Jun 2004, after image on this