Buy State Flags from Allstate FlagsBuy US flags from Five Star Flags
This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Hrcava (Czech Republic)

Frýdek-Místek okres, Moravian-Silesian Region

Last modified: 2002-05-18 by jarig bakker
Keywords: hrcava |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

This page is best viewed with ISO:8859-2, aka Latin2, aka Central European fonts See also:

Hrčava municipality flag

[Hrcava municipality flag] by Blas Delgado Ortiz, 18 Aug 2001, after image by Peter Exner; flag adopted 29 Mar 1995

Number of inhabitants by 31.12. 2000: 273. Under Austria-Hungary Hrčava was a part of the Polish territory. In 1924 upon   request of citizens, Hrčava became a part of Czechoslovakia. Hrčava has been independent since 1927. In 1995 Parliament of the Czech Republic granted to Hrčava shield and flag.
In this village, people are concentrated in the settlement centre. Traditional buildings, regional costumes, local dialect, traditions and customs are typical of Hrčava. In the village there is a typical wooden church (kostel sv.Cyrila a Metoděje) built in 1936. A font in the church is carving done by O.Zogata, native of this village. Hrčava is a well-known place of Cyril - and - Metoděj - pilgrimage to the church. In the forest next to the village there is "Lourdes Forest Cave" - altar with Madonna made of stone. Under the altar, a spring bubbles out. The spring is said to be a cure for eyes.
Jarig Bakker; 8 Sep 2001

Hrčava CoA

[Hrcava Coat of Arms] image from this site, located by Jarig Bakker; 8 Sep 2001