Last modified: 2002-04-12 by jarig bakker
Keywords: moravskoslezsky kocov |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the loooong village of Moravskoslezský Kočov, in Bruntal
district, east Czechia, is at this
The municipality has 475 inhabitants. The village was formed by the joining of the two originally separate villages known as Moravský Kočov and Slezký Kočov. Slezký Kočov was founded as a settlement in 1544. The first written record of Moravský Kočov comes from the church bell cast in 1595. The two villages were joined in 1949. The Classicist Saint Michaels parish church dating back to 1794, with a cemetery wall, is found in the middle of the village. A Late Renaissance tower survives from an earlier building. An original border stone marking the boundary between Moravia and Silesia can be found by the road to Olomouc.
Jarig Bakker, 5 Apr 2002