Last modified: 2005-08-19 by phil nelson
Keywords: sainte-anne-du-sault | quebec | letter: a | half cogwheel | wheat spikes: 3 |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
contributed by Ivan Sache
The municipality of Sainte-Anne-du-Sault (1,350 inhabitants) was founded in Quebec in 1889. At that time, it included territories removed in 1902 to form Canton of Maddington and Daveluyville.
The new symbol (logotype) of the municipality was unveiled during the National Day. Mayor Jean-Claude Bourassa sent a letter to al the inhabitants of Sainte-Anne, encouraging them to identify themselves with the new symbol, which shall be placed on the municipal flag.
The symbol was designed by Municipal Councillor Sara Mayrand-Dubois. The big letter A is made of a road (downstrokes) crossed by highway 20 (horizontal bar). The left downstroke is supported by a half cogwheel, symbolizing the opening to industrial development, whereas the right downstroke stretches out horizontally and supports three wheat spikes, recalling agriculture and tourism in Sainte-Anne. The blue colour recalls the sky, large spaces and water (river Bécancour), whereas the yellow colour recalls joy, liveliness and fervor.
The picture available in the source article shows the probable future flag of Sainte-Anne, a white flag with the symbol and Municipalité de / Sainte-Anne-du-Sault written on the right of the symbol.
Nouvelle, 29 June 2005
Ivan Sache, 3 July 2005
Accordong to Marcel Aubry ("Le
Nouvelliste", 20 July 2005), Mayor Jean-Claude Bourassa announced
that Sainte-Anne-du-Sault shoud have its new flag hoisted over its territory.
Moreover, a "collector's edition" of the flag will be available at
the municipal administration.
Ivan Sache, 21 July 2005