Last modified: 2002-03-23 by joe mcmillan
Keywords: brazil | rio grande do sul | rio pardo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Pascal Gross
Source: Official municipal website.
Coat of arms at the same page. Not to be confused with São
José do Rio Pardo in the State of São Paulo.
Dov Gutterman, 12 June 2000
From the municipal website:
Translated by Joseph McMillan, 7 July 2001
The flag of Rio Pardo was created by Law no. 30 of 2 December 1957, approved by Prefect Fernando Wunderlich. It is formed by a rectangle divided into two adjoining fields, separated diagonally. The lower is green and the other yellow, having, in the center, the municipal coat of arms.The coat of arms was created by law no. 105 of 18 September 1954, signed by Prefect Faustino Teixeira de Oliveira. It has three stripes: the first, of blue, has a fortress, recalling Fort Jesus Mary Joseph; the second, red, a dragon representing the Rio Pardo Dragoons Regiment; the third, golden, the Ave Maria emblem and a rosary, homage to Our Lady of the Rosary, patroness of Rio Pardo. Above the stripes is a silver [mural] crown of five towers, and below it, in gold letters on a red scroll the motto "Tranqueira invicta."