Last modified: 2003-09-06 by joe mcmillan
Keywords: parana | irati | pine |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Blas Delgado Ortiz
The flag of the municipality, conceived by José Maria Orreda and Doraci Castagnoli, was instituted by the Municipal Prefecture in 1967, to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the municipality. A white rectangle containing the coat of arms on the center. Blue/gold lines on each side extend to the edges. Vertically, on either side of the coat of arms, from bottom and top, two parallel gold stripes, which are interrupted in the middle of the coat of arms, represent the district seat and the three judicial districts that make up the municipality: Guamirim, Gonçalves Júnior, and Itapará. José Maria Orreda, the designer of the coat of arms and flag of the Municipality of Irati was born on 27 November 1936.
The coat of arms of the municipality was designed by José Maria Orreda
and instituted by the prefecture in 1967 on the
occasion of the festivities for the 60th anniversary of the municipality.
The coat of arms is composed of a white rectangular field, oriented in the
vertical direction and bordered by blue lines, with the lower extremity rounded.
It has at the top, em cinza, a tower of six points, which in heraldry signifies
a city and municipality. On the center, in green and brown, is the figure of a
pine tree, a staple of the economy of Irati; to the right, in green, a branch of
yerva-mate, another staple of the economy; to the left, in yellow, a branch of
wheat, signifying agricultural production, the font of riches and spiritual
values. Below, a blue scroll uniting the branches of yerva-mate and trigo
contains the date of establishment of the municipality, 15 July 1907, in black.
Dov Gutterman, 19 February 2002